Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Countdown Begins

In 20 days I will be leaving the United States for the first time! I will be leaving behind family, friends, and the comforts of home. I will be heading to a country where I will be in the minority, and I will only know the other students and professors I am traveling with. Yes, I am more than a little nervous and stressed! However, at the same time I cannot wait! I am so excited for this opportunity, and it is finally starting to sink in. I am really going to Uganda! This is the chance of a lifetime, and I plan on making the absolute most of it and my time there. I cannot wait to experience a new culture, a new country, and a new continent. We have the final itinerary set, which is just adding to the excitement and nerves. Now all I have to do is make it through the next 2 weeks of school and finals, not to mention unpacking everything just to repack it for this trip.

No comments: